Communication with Teams
Technical Information Centre (TIC)
The main function of the centre is to ensure a smooth liaison between each Team Delegation, the Local Organising Committee, European Athletics Technical Delegates and the Competition Management of the Championships regarding technical matters.
Until 2 February the TIC will be located at the Accreditation Centre at Amazónia Hotel Jamor. On 5 and 6 February, the TIC will be located at the competition venue.
|Thursday 3 February||14:00 – 20:00|
|Friday 4 February||09:00 – 22:00|
|Saturday 5 February||09:00 – 17:00|
|Sunday 6 February||08:00 – 14:00|
The TIC is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Display on the relevant notice board of official communications to the teams, including start lists, results and Call Room reporting times
- Distribution of urgent notices to the delegations from the Technical Delegates and competition management
- Receipt of written questions to be answered during the Technical Briefing
- Settlement of technical enquiries from delegations
- Receipt of final confirmations and relay declarations
- Receipt of withdrawal forms
- Distribution of special passes the day before the respective event, according to start lists
- Distribution of items confiscated at the Call Room
- Registration and collection of personal implements
- Managing additional doping control requests (national record …)
- Protests and written appeals
The distribution of competition related information and important notices of general interest (e.g. changes to the timetable) at the TIC will NOT be systematically made through printouts in the Team pigeonholes but will be displayed on the notice boards. It will still be possible to request occasional copies of specific event start lists and / or results at the TIC.
All competition related information will be also sent by emails to the team leaders to the email addresses communicated in the final entries.
Individual communications to specific teams will be nevertheless also posted through the pigeonholes.
Team Leaders will also be provided with an individual and personalised access to European Athletics online tool, where they will be able to
- make their final confirmations,
- download information posted by the LOC / European Athletics (technical information, qualification procedures and starting heights, daily call room schedule …)
- fill-in competition forms (question for Technical Briefing, technical enquiries to TIC, withdrawal forms …)
The platform will be accessible at a link to be communicated to the Teams at a later stage, together with a detailed user manual.
The Technical Meeting will be held on the 5 February at 17:30, at Amazónia Hotel Jamor. Each team may be represented by a maximum of two team delegates and, if necessary, an interpreter. It is very important that all teams are represented at the Technical Meeting, to be held in English.
All questions related to the Technical Meeting must be presented in writing in English, at the TIC (Amazónia Hotel Jamor)/Hotels’ Information Desks, before 12:00 on 5 February in the appropriate form or in the Online Confirmation Tool.
The preliminary agenda of the Technical Meeting includes:
- Welcome by the President of the Local Organising Committee;
- Welcome by the European Athletics President or his representative;
- Presentation of the Competition Officials;
- Information briefing by the Technical Delegate;
- Presentation of the competition and warm-up venues;
- Information briefing by the Doping Control Delegate;
- Opening/Closing Ceremony;
- Selection of the Jury of Appeal;
- Answering of questions submitted in writing by participating clubs.
Inspection of the competition venue
There will be no organized tour as the presentation regarding the competition and warm-up areas will be given at the Technical Meeting.
Team Leaders’ WhatsApp group
A WhatsApp group including all clubs’ team leaders will be created on site, in order to offer an additional platform to address instant messages and announcements. Major information of interest for all will be communicated to the teams by the TIC/European Athletics via this group.
Official Training at the Competition Venue
Official training for all athletes at the course will take place on Saturday 5 February 2021 from 15:00 to 17:00. The warm-up area will also be available during this time.
Dressing rooms will be located in the Hotels. Changing areas shall also be found next to training/competition venue. Please see Appendix 3 (Teams´ Tent).
Entry, Qualification System & Final Confirmations
The European Champion Clubs Cup Cross Country comprises separate competitions for U20, senior men’s and women’s teams representing the long distance and Mixed-Relay National Clubs of European Athletics Member Federations.
In accordance with European Athletics Regulation 1302.7, each team may enter a maximum of 6 (six) athletes in each event, of which not less than 3 (three), no more than 4 (four) will be allowed to start the race, in the following conditions:
- No athletes aged less than 16 (sixteen) years on 31 December of the year of the competition may compete in the ECCC Cross Country.
- Only athletes aged at least 16 (sixteen) and not more than 19 (nineteen) years on 31 December of the year of the competition may participate in the U20 events.
All athletes must be able to present, if requested to do so by the Technical Delegate, an official document stating their date of birth.
Each athlete may only be entered in one race of the Championships and he/she can only compete in the race for which he/she was entered. The number of foreign athletes is strictly limited to 1 (one) for each club team in ECCC Cross Country. Member Federations must provide the list of eligible national and foreign athletes to European Athletics by 10 January of the year of the ECCC Cross Country.
In addition to the accommodation fee described in 5.4, the following contribution must be paid to the organising club by each participating club team (except host):
- Registration Fee: EUR 200 – which must be paid at the latest by the date of the closing of the preliminary entries.
Entry Standards and Qualification Procedure
“I run Clean” Certification
Each European Athletics Member Federation may enter only those athletes who have received and hold a valid certification for having completed European Athletics Anti-Doping Education Programme – I Run Clean. The certification is to be achieved by all athletes in addition to fulfilling any requirements for the qualification for the event they are entered in.
Entries shall be made through the European Athletics Entry System which will be accessible at the following link:
Member Federations’ entries managers shall use their already known individual and personalised access.
Final entries indicating the names and individual logistical information (detailed travel arrangements, accommodation request and rooming list) of the competitors and of the officials must be received not later than 10 (ten) days before the event. According to the regulations the deadlines for the final entries are:
- Opening of the final entries: Tuesday 11 January 2022
- Deadline for the final entries: Thursday 27 January 2022, 14:00 (CET)
Detailed travel and rooming list information will have to be registered for each athlete and official during the final entries process.
Team Leaders or their representatives must confirm the names of those competitors already entered who will actually take part in the competition. Confirmation of athletes will not be accepted after the deadline (see table below).
Final confirmation will have to be made online, via European Athletics online tool.
Final confirmation forms can be submitted together (for all competition days) or for one day at time at the TIC in accordance with the times and dates shown in the table below:
|Competition day||Deadline for Final Confirmation|
|Day 1 – Sunday 6 February 2022||Saturday 5 February 2022 – 12:00|
Relays Declaration Forms
The composition of each relay team shall be officially declared at the TIC, no later than one hour before the published first call time for the first heat of each round of the competition.
Forms for the final declaration and running order must be completed and submitted online in accordance with the deadline set out in the table below:
|Competition day||Deadline for Final Declaration – Relays|
|Sunday 6 February 2022||Senior Mixed Relay – 11:25|
Withdrawal of any confirmation must be indicated to the TIC in writing on the official withdrawal form.
|CLUB||MEMBER FEDERATION||U20Women||U20Men||Women||Men||Mixed Relay|
|Daring Club Leuven Atletiek||BEL||X|
|AK Olymp Brno||CZE||X|
|Běžecký klub Náchod||CZE||X|
|TJ Slezan Frýdek-Místek||CZE||X||X|
|VSK Univerzita Brno||CZE||X|
|Bilbao Atletismo Santutxu||ESP||X|
|Club Playas de Castellon||ESP||X||X||X||X||X|
|Grupompleo Pamplona At||ESP||X||X|
|Trops-Cueva de Nerja||ESP||X|
|Lahden Ahkera ry||FIN||X||X|
|C.A. Balma Athlétisme||FRA||X|
|Clermont Athlétisme Auvergne||FRA||X||X|
|EA Mondeville Herouville||FRA||X|
|Grand Paris Seine & Oise Athlétisme||FRA||X|
|Haute Bretagne Athlétisme||FRA||X|
|Nancy Athlétisme Métropole||FRA||X|
|Paris Racing Multi Athlon||FRA||X|
|Pays de Fontainebleau Athlé||FRA||X||X|
|Aldershot, Farnham and District Athletic Club||GBR||X||X|
|Central Athletic Club||GBR||X|
|Dundrum South Dublin AC||IRL||X|
|Ennis Track AC||IRL||X|
|Finn Valley AC||IRL||X|
|Alley Club South Tel-Aviv||ISR||X|
|Hapoel Emek Hefer||ISR||X|
|Atl. Lecco-Colombo Costruz.||ITA||X|
|Atl. Sport Merano||ITA||X|
|Athl. Valle Brembana||ITA||X|
|CUS Insubria Varese Como||ITA||X|
|G.S. Orechiella Garfagnana||ITA||X|
|Av Cifla, Nijmegen||NED||X||X|
|Maia Atlético Clube||POR||X|
|Sport Lisboa e Benfica||POR||X|
|Sporting Clube de Braga||POR||X||X|
|Sporting Clube de Portugal||POR||X||X||X||X||X|
|União Desportiva da Várzea||POR||X|
|Atletic Club Mica Roma Blaj||ROU||X|
|CSM Cluj Napoca||ROU||X||X|
|AK Srem, Sremska Mitrovica||SRB||X|
|Slavia STU Bratislava||SVK||X|
|Ankara Ego Spor Kulubu||TUR||X|
|Istanbul Buyuksehir Belediyesi Spor Kulubu||TUR||X||X||X|